Monday, July 19, 2010

Why this blog?

Having recently graduated from an MBA degree and currently working for a large organisation. I'd like to reserve a space to record some of my learnings and observations. I think I experience epiphanies on a daily basis, whether due to work, regular readings or situations which I observe from afar.

One thing I want to declare from the outset is that I am by no means claiming my MBA was a waste of time. The "Taylorism" and other such theories help shape a philosophy for organisations and its management which has ultimately influenced my perceptions of the world at large. My only gripe is that not enough attention is paid in class to the global appeal or application of these theories, perhaps even to what is current and what is daily life.

My keen interest in all of this is human behaviour. I don't have a background in psychology, anthropology or other such -ologies, but I do enjoy debate and discussion on such topics.

I try to learn as much as I can on a daily basis and hope this blog can try to bubble these learnings together. Regardless of whether these are result of experience, readings, stories heard or my own philosophical ponders...

No comments:

Post a Comment